Position: Engineering Designer
Location: Cary, NC
CJS Conveyance is a vibrant, young, and growing company that is client focused. We are seeking a motivated candidate to assist our engineering team with municipal water and wastewater conveyance projects throughout the Triangle and the state of North Carolina. Our projects and client service philosophy foster professional skill development through direct involvement in all facets of our projects. A successful candidate will be involved in the development of engineered drawings, maps, and figures associated with projects that include large diameter gravity sewer, water transmission mains, urban water and sewer replacements, elevated storage tanks, and pumping stations. Projects associated with these facilities range from preliminary studies and facility sizing to detailed design, regulatory approval, and construction administration. The position would be full-time with flexible hours and comprehensive benefits.
- Work alongside a highly experienced Designer in a mentor/apprentice arrangement.
- Prepare engineering drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation.
- Prepare construction details, diagrams, tables, and sketches.
- Utilize GIS software for analytical and mapping purposes.
- Develop maps and figures for technical reports.
- Provide quantity takeoffs for the development of construction cost opinions.
- Prepare submittals for clients and regulatory agencies.
- Assist with preparing marketing material.
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or similar degree.
- 2+ years of experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency.
- MicroStation proficiency or demonstrated aptitude to learn while doing.
- GIS proficiency or demonstrated aptitude to learn while doing.
- Strong verbal communication and computer skills.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and advance skill set.
- Valid driver’s license