Position: Project Engineer
Location: Cary, NC
CJS Conveyance is seeking a motivated candidate to assist senior engineering staff with water and wastewater conveyance projects throughout the Triangle and the state of North Carolina. A successful candidate will be involved in the development and execution of projects that include large diameter gravity sewer, water transmission mains, urban water and sewer replacements, elevated storage tanks, and pumping stations. Also, a successful candidate would be involved in interactions with clients, regulatory agencies, contractors, and the public and should be able to represent CJS Conveyance comfortably in these interactions. Typical projects to be performed include preliminary studies and facility sizing, detailed design, regulatory approval, and construction administration. Our philosophy is to include team members throughout the entirety of a project lifecycle, i.e. from concept development through construction. The position would be full-time with flexible hours and comprehensive benefits.
- Work as an integral part of the highly motivated and responsive CJS team.
- Perform preliminary engineering evaluations and prepare technical reports.
- Participate in project meetings with senior engineers.
- Develop design documents including plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Perform engineering analyses using engineering software and textbook calculations.
- Prepare regulatory permit applications and coordinate with review agencies.
- Prepare opinions of probable construction cost.
- Assist with bid phase services and construction administration.
- Develop innovative solutions based on training and experience.
- Participate in preparation of proposals and presentations to clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited university (M.S. is a plus).
- 4-8 years of experience in water/wastewater engineering.
- Registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer in North Carolina (or ability to obtain).
- Microsoft Office Proficiency.
- AutoCad Experience (Civil 3D preferred).
- GIS proficiency or demonstrated aptitude to learn while doing.
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Valid driver’s license.